Sunday, December 20, 2009

DxO Optics Pro - continued

Well... the pictures in my previous post were are part of a stupid joke and possess no quality whatsoever. Still, I have used DxO for post-processing some of my skydiving photos for publishing, recently. The results are great. I shall use DxO tag when posting my pics on Flickr, when appropriate. Meanwhile, read a review from Ken Rockwell and get some useful information.

The pictures below have been processed wit DxO. Click on them and compare with unprocessed prototypes here and here.

With pictures above, I changed very little from DxO standard settings (those presets work like magic!) and used their superb dust-removal tool to get rid of some ugly spots clearly visible on original photos.

Bottom line: after facing software compatibility problems under Snow Leopard, I reported this to DxO user support and guess what? - About 10 days later they had a new version available for download (which I did) and my trial period was started over again! This is what I call user friendliness.

No comments: